The Shoulder Well Point
What’s it good for?
This pressure point is great for releasing stress and tension held in the upper body, and, can help alleviate anger, migraines, and high blood pressure.
NOTE: This point can also induce labour, so do not use this point if you’re pregnant!
How to Find this Point:
The shoulder well point is in your shoulder muscle. To find it, pinch your shoulder muscle with your middle finger and thumb.
How to use this point:
- Find the point on your shoulder muscle.
- Pinch the muscle with your thumb and middle finger.
- Apply gentle, firm pressure with your index finger and massage the point for four to five seconds.
- Release the pinch as you massage the point.
- As you press on this point, be sure you maintain steady breaths into your abdomen to help with relieving stress, muscle tension and headaches.
FIND A SHIATSU PRACTITIONER NEAR YOU
Click on the link below to find a Shiatsu Practitioner in your area