SELF-SHIATSU: (Shu-Fu) K-27, Elegant Mansion Point
Feeling stressed and run-down? Known as Elegant Mansion, K-27 is also the exit (end) point of the Kidney Meridian.
What is it good for?
The Elegant Mansion points are good for:
- Pain relief, especially throat, chest, and back pain, and also for overall stress relief.
- They help relieve many respiratory symptoms, such as chest congestion, phlegm, coughing, throat spasms, sore throats, shallow or difficult breathing, and chest or throat tightness.
- They are helpful for emotional concerns, such as anxiety and agitation, and for hormonal issues, such as thyroid gland irregularities.
- The K 27 points also boost the immune system.
How to find K-27
To find the K-27 acupressure points, place your fingertips below your collarbone, just to the side of your breastbone.
Rub with firm pressure, feeling for an indentation and soreness.
When you get the point, you will feel a connection with your throat or chest, especially when you deepen your breath.
HOW TO USE THE POINT:
- Using your right hand, press the point on the left side of your chest, and with your left hand pressing K 27 on the right side.
- Apply firm pressure to the point on either side, without it hurting.
- Hold for 2 to 3 minutes, as you breathe slowly and deeply
- Repeat 3 to 5 times daily for greater effectiveness.
FIND A SHIATSU PRACTITIONER NEAR YOU
Click on the link below to find a Shiatsu Practitioner in your area